user inserted image


Engrade provides online access to the county grade book program.  Students and parents receive Engrade username and password after the child enters a new school.  Schools usually send the account home home to the new incoming class about two weeks after the beginning of school.  After that point, parents must contact the school to receive an account. The central office cannot provide account information to parents or students.  In the case of divorced/separated parents, both parents can have different accounts if they both have court approved access to the child.
Please remember to update your Engrade profile if you have a change in your e-mail address.   Account names and passwords can be received by e-mail if the user forgets them.
School Messenger
School Messenger provides telephone and e-mail notification of school closings, emergencies and announcements to parents.  In order to receive calls from School Messenger, your current home and/or mobile phone must be on file at your child’s school.  If you have had changes in contact information, please notify your child’s principal.

Adult Learning/TASC Program
The Putnam County Adult Learning Center is located at the Career & Technical Center. For more information on registering for classes call 304-586-2411.  

GED is being replaced the TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion).  Please call 304-586-2411 for details. 

Homeless Students
Putnam County Schools provides assistance to students who meet the definition of homeless as described by the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. See the file cabinet at the bottom of the page for more information or complaint procedures.

Summer Programs
Putnam County Schools offers a variety of summer support programs. For more information, please visit the Curriculum & Instruction and Exceptional Education pages found under the Central Office menu. Applications for programs are available in the file cabinet below.


Advanced Placement Program
Taking Advanced Placement courses in high school can send a powerful message to colleges that you’re ready for them. A number of studies show that students who take AP courses are much more likely to complete college. In an effort to strengthen our AP program, Putnam County Schools has enacting new AP initiatives.
Students who take AP courses will earn a weighted grade for each course. Weighted grades make it possible for students’ grade point averages to rise above a 4.0.
        Each student enrolled in an AP course will take the corresponding exam for the course. AP exams allow students to gain credit or advanced standing in college.
·       AP exams are scored from 1 to 5, with a score of 3 considered passing at many colleges. Putnam County students who earn a 3 or better on an exam will be refunded the full cost (approximately $83).
·       Putnam County Schools will be administering the PSAT exam to all sophomores. The PSAT includes access to the College Board’s MyRoad which is a FREE personalized career and college search service. Also with PSAT, schools can use the AP Potential program to identify students with potential for success on AP exams.
Students who would like to take an AP course can see a counselor to enroll or to ask questions. Please feel free to visit The College Board for more Advanced Placement information.
Early College Credit
Eligible high school students are able to begin accruing college credit by enrolling in courses offered by local institutions at Putnam County Schools sites. For more information, please contact Patsy Smith at 586-0500 ext. 1122.
Teacher Qualifications
Putnam County Schools recognizes the right of parents to request and receive information about their children’s classroom teachers and paraprofessionals. Parents may request this information from their child’s school principal.

Parent Councils
        Exceptional Education Advisory Council  is a group of dedicated parents and guardians who represent schools and students with exceptionalities and meet regularly with members of the county Exceptional Education Department. Please contact your child's school or the Department of Exceptional Education for information.
        Parent Advisory Council is group of dedicated parents and guardians who represent schools and meet monthly with Central Office department representatives to exchange information. Please contact your child's school or the central office for information

File Cabinet